Monday, August 9, 2010

Jeggings...Are You In?

for those of you who have been shopping within the last two weeks you have seen the crazy phenomenon in back to school shopping.  the name: jeggings.

tman thought i was joking when i returned home and told him i had purchased a pair.  he laughed.  apparently he thought my sarcastic sense of humor was in effect.  sadly it was not.

what are jeggings you ask? behold:

the jegging
i think my real obsession is just that i love saying the name "jegging".  it just rolls off the tongue.  try it.  i decided to do a little research on this new phenomenon and found this:

"Just when you thought skinny jeans couldn't get any skinnier, the marketing geniuses at Topshop introduce a new term into our fashion vocabulary: Jeggings. (Or Treggings, to you Brits.) The brand's jean + legging hybrid is knit from cotton, polyester, and spandex, for that suck-it-in, painted-on look without the loss of circulation in your lower half. The Topshop site helpfully suggests that you pair these with an animal-print tunic (tunimal?). " (NY Magazine)

THIS IS NO JOKE.  jeggings are real and they are taking over the world.  remember when the thought of having worn pegged jeans made you cringe? before you know it, we are going to be looking back at the boot cut with that same distaste.  (i am praying this really never happens.  i love my boot cuts)  so brave the malls/Target/Walmart and pick yourself up a pair of jeggings.

i am not ashamed to say that i put those puppies on, and i loved them.  in fact, i wanted to purchase several pairs.  it's like wearing pajamas, except socially acceptable. so when you see me cruising in my jeggings, holla!

xo
kristie

haha.  when i spell checked this post i found yellow marks everywhere! apparently jeggings isn't in the dictionary yet.

8 comments:

  1. What about my jorts? Are those totally in style?

    PS - Some of us have a sausage-encased look in jeggings. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just barely got on the leggings bandwagon, I don't know if I can handle jeggings ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sell them at walmart? If I really want to get into the jeggings what kind of shirt do you wear with them? I'm guessing its not a halter top...

    ReplyDelete
  4. PJ pants are not socially acceptable? I wore them to class in college and med school and even now when I don't have to meet anyone out :)
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would jump on the jeggings bandwagon, but I just cringe in clothes that hug on to every curve of any body part! :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I tried some on a few weeks ago....YIKES! Not all of us look as hot as you do in these SUPER tight creations! I do have to admit they were comfy enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeggings are this chubby girls worst nightmare! I wish I could wear 'em, but I know better. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha. you girls crack me up. of course ya'll can wear them...you girlies are smokin' hot.

    ReplyDelete

Header